Thursday, April 09, 2009

So...3 in a whole year and its only April

Wow, I am impressed that I have gotten this far. I love some other's witty ass blogs. I don't read too many of them but I do enjoys a few of them a lot. I need to figure out how to post pictures because I'd like to have more of my yarn here.

So, it is almost time for the annual girlfriend road trip to Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. 3 years running this year. We have figured out a few things along the way. One, I have friends with kids too but really, I think Maryland S & W is not the place for strollers. Let's see, a crowd of thousands and I really mean that, dirt floor barns, and screaming kids terrified in a stroller do not mix. It has got to be overwhelming for children anyway with that many people in one small place. And LONG hours of shopping and rude passers-by that forgot what "excuse me" means or is used for. I could write a separate blog just on that..but one is obviously enough to handle for me. ANYWHO. We have our rooms booked. That is a feat this close to a festival that big. Previously we have had a bit of issues trying to get one close. Maybe the economy is scaring people into staying home this year. Good, leaves me more fleece to buy.

I have been a somewhat prolific spinner this week. Well sort of. I have been going into my stash of filled bobbins and winding them off into center pull balls to ply from. Some of it has gone really well. Then I tried some that was freshly spun and I wanted to stab my own eyes out with DPNs. It was from Finn top. I think it pills too much. I think the roving might not have been well prepared. I had to name the bit of plied yarn I got from it Trouble. I can think Pain in the Ass also to be appropriate.

On the bright side my Ravelry Scarf Swap group project was a better success than I had planned. I was happy because I wasn't sure my partner would like it. I have only woven once before and this was a second attempt. And I spun the yarn from the fold which I hadn't previously. I learned from a great video on Spindlicity.com what that actually means. I tell you reading about something and seeing it done are like epiphanies sometimes (this does not include math).

Well, I have rambled enough for one day. Maybe I will read the directions and figure out pictures...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home