Saturday, August 13, 2011

And so it said "Craft in 2 hours"..



I recently decided to visit the fabric store and acquire some new fabrics to make some more shirts. I perused the scads of patterns available in the catalogs and settled on 2 patterns. One of them said I could make the shirt in 2 hours. Ha, have these folks met me? Anyway, I went on ahead with my purchases and came on home. They lingered in a bag in my craft room for a few days and I woke up Wednesday and decided to get started. I chuckled again when I read that 2 hour business. I have to tell you that after the first hour I only had the paper pattern cut out. 4 simple pieces. THAT took me an hour. I didn't even use my new fabric scissors I bought a while back yet. I have to say at least 10 minutes was spent (or wasted if you will) trying to fold back the remaining patterns. It was like Map Folding for Dummies or something. Needless to say, I stopped after the hour. I will continue the shirt again probably on tuesday. Like my knitting, I sometimes struggle endlessly with getting through completing something, but then I love the outcome. I am also currently working on a little red shrug out of Rowan Felted Tweed yarn. I am going into my red period. Andy Warhol had his silver period, I have a red one.



PS, what the hell is the business with sizing on sewwing patterns? I have to use a size 16 for a 36 inch chest...really? I don't buy size 16 suits at the store...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home