Monday, August 09, 2010

Riding Through the Danger Zone...

So I was watching Top Gun for the eleventy seventh time and typing up my papers for the crochet classes I guess I get to teach now. There is hardly a movie not rated X that has hotter men than Top Gun, especially the vollyball scene.Funny, when I was in the Navy and all the times I sat out by the volleyball court, I never saw a game that looked that good. Sadly, due to idiocy on his part, I refuse to watch many of Tom's movies anymore. I just think he lost sight of reality. Anyway, no soapbox needed.

So I am making some handouts for my class and reading up on teaching a needle-craft. I have no idea why I am nervous about teaching because I know I can do it. I just wanted to reduce the package of shite we hand out to students because the old packet was way too much info. I can't understand why the previous person thought thought that handing a person 26 pages of crap was going to help you learn something. I am also not too thrilled about attempting to teach a 9 year old how to crochet. I could one-on-one easily. But add more people to the mix and you got issues.

I recently read in the latest issue of Twist Collective some rules about Yarn store ettiqute. I don't know that I agreed whole heartedly but I have to say they were good rules to live by. I wish we could post some of the rules around the store and possibly consider tossing people out the front door for bringing nasty attitudes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home