Tuesday, May 05, 2009

WOOT MS&W Fest was super!


So this year's Maryland Sheep and Wool Fest was very awesome. The market never fails to please even the most picky buyers. There were people in the fiber biz a plethora. We saw KnittyAmy from Knitty.com. We met all the Ravelry makers (including that very hot and quite shy Casey whom I thought some of the ladies were a bit too friendly too). I meet (and bought something from!!) Mr Golding himself of Goldings Precision Fiber Tools. One day when I win the lottery I will own a custom wheel from him..Many designers and folks who I can't remember all of them. One of the lovely ladies of Three Irish Girls yarn (omg divine yarns). And, it was truly the who's who of patterns walking around. It was a fashion show just among the crowd-goers of their finest knitworks. It is nice to see one pattern so many ways and sizes. There were many many beautiful knits to see. Also, my favorite part of it all was the fiber itself. Being a better spinner than knitter I was most interested in the fibers I could get to spin up for the year and for swaps that I like to join. I think I came out with quit a selection of fibers. This year I was also caught by some very lovely organic cotton. It came in all the natural colors like fawn browns, light olives and creams. I am not too sure how to spin it yet but like with all fibers, I will investigate this option.


After the Festival on Saturday we went to Guido's Dreamy Afterparty. It was so cool to know that only 150 tickets went out. My very awesome friend Peggy Jean (roadtrip names to protect the innocent husbands who's wallets were deeply damaged while on this trip) happened to score us all tickets to said event. They gave away fabulous prizes like Buffalo Gold yarns with cashmere(yeah Auntie Shaquita for winning some of it) and lots of hot sock yarn and fiber wash and the supreme prize, a share in Martha's Vineyard Fiber Farm for the year....wow! It was a super time had by all!


Now, I must get all the goods together and make a nice group of photos so I can remember where it is that all my lunch money for a while went to. I must remember the fun...lol

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

Oh it is my second favorite weekend of the year! Saturday was terrific, but I had to do the backstroke out Sunday! Hope you stayed dry!

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home